Andean Mist Cotton Yarn
Kremke Soul Wool's Andean mist cotton yarn is handspun, hand-dyed with natural colors highest quality organic pakucho cotton from Peru. What is Pakucho cotton? Pakucho is a trademarked name of Peru Naturtex Partners (the producers of this gorgeous yarn). In ancient Incan it means brown cotton. Naturally colored cotton has been grown in Central and America for over 4,500 years, and this yarn is part of a recent revival by the Native Cotton Project of Peru. Pakucho is one of the purest yarns available. It is grown and processed without the aid of pesticides, herbicides, artificial growth regulators, defoliants, or any other agro chemicals.
Benefits of organic pakucho cotton:
1. Cotton fibre is natural and plant based making it a great vegan alternative to wool.
2. This yarn is soft and light, and very pleasant to knit with; it is an excellent choice when knitting for babies, or people with sensitive skin.
3. Cotton gives great stitch definition. Show every beautiful design.
4. Cotton is strong, durable and machine-washable. It starts out soft and actually gets softer the more you wash it.
5. Organically grown cotton causes less pesticide damage making it a better option for the environment.
7. Made in Peru where GMOs are banned!
8. Fair trade manufacturers
Material: 100% Cotton
Needle: 5-6 mm
Gauge: 20 = 10 cm
Material Consumption for women's jumper size M: 700g
Hand Wash only